SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmgard_gw

Please help-- difference of opinion with my cabinet designer

kmgard
14 years ago

I know this has probably been asked before, but is it common to have different pull lengths on different length drawers? I'm thinking of using 6 1/4" pulls on my 30" and 36" drawer bases. The three narrower bases (18"-24") have one drawer on top and doors beneath, and I thought I'd use 3" pulls on the drawers and knobs on the doors. I would also use knobs on the uppers. My cabinet guy thinks I should do 5" pulls on all of them, but I'm worried they'll look too small on those large drawers! I'm also worried they won't handle the weight (although would an inch and a quater make much difference?)...

Here's the pull I like:

Here is a computer shot of the kitchen (it's changed a bit, but you can get the idea from this). I couldn't figure out how to change the pull length with the software, and I haven't taken screen shots since I changed all the doors to knobs. The peninsula is a 36" drawer base, and that's an 18" cabinet base (I think) to the left of the dishwasher, and an 18" pull-out trash to the right of the sink. I actually don't think the pull-out trash is going to have a drawer above it. Would it look dumb to have longer handles on the peninsula than the drawer directly to the right?

{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)