SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mpeg_gw

Layout choices two different ones new design opinions please

mpeg
15 years ago

Ok, so this space will never be my absoltue dream kitchen. Here are two options for opening up to my living room. One typical penninsula the other removing part of the wall and making part of the penninsula come into the living room. Actaully almost makes it look like and island. It's just a line drawing on layout number 2 so it's kind of hard to get a feel for it. Can anyone give me pros, cons, improvements to either design?

There are small problems with either design. The HD line drawings bring the island out a bit too far and too long. It would have to be modified. that is layout 2. I would also most likely not leave the open space on the living room side of the island

Layout one is very open and it would be hard to mix finishes etc, I had the person who did the 3D mix them but it doesn't look so good. It's also very open which is a concern for messy kitchen days. Also it makes decorating more of an issue with everything being all one big room.

Bear in mind that with both layouts we need a support beam hence the island just won't work in my small space.

Layout #1

">

">

Any thoughts appreciated here.

Comments (37)