SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kpaquette_gw

You'll think we're crazy...

14 years ago

I haven't been on in a while...our reno has taken over our lives the past month or so. But last night was my first night spent in my "new" house! I haven't unpacked much. There is still work being done, mostly small stuff. But it's coming together.

I don't know if you all remember, but I was the one freaking out about my cabinet glaze. (too heavy.) With everything else in place, DH and I have decided we can't live with it. We love everything else (well, except the whole Thomasville experience - there are several boxes here of new doors/parts that were defective or missing that my contractor is installing this week...but that's another story for another thread.)

So we want to have our cabinets painted professionally to match our trim. The glaze is just too "dirty" and doesn't go with the crisp white everywhere else in the house. We tried samples of the matched cabinets for our trim, but because of the layout of the downstairs and staircase, we would have had to do the entire downstairs and upstairs foyer in this color, and it was just too dark.

I'm nervous, not only b/c I want them to look good when they're done, but also b/c I know the spraying process is messy and I would die if any paint got on my new floors or counters or appliances.

So I want to hire someone who knows what they're doing - but where should I start? It was suggested to us that we check with guys who also do bathroom re-glazing. I'd feel more comfortable if it was a cabinet person.

When talking with whomever we contact, what should they say the steps will be in painting them? I see in other threads that they have to be deglossed...but what else? If you've had it done, what did you pay? Our kitchen is relatively small, so I'm hoping it would be less than 2k.

Any insight would be appreciated. :-)

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County