SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluestarrgallery

Photoshop Help Please - Painter Thinks We're Crazy

bluestarrgallery
13 years ago

We just got a new roof on our home and went with a lighter color since we live in Florida and want to reduce heat gain inside our home in summer. We plan on painting the exterior a tan color and want to paint the trim a charcoal bronze color to pick up the color of the screens and window trim. All the painters say to paint the trim brown, but I hate that brown look and I can't seem to figure out how to get the Sherwin Williams site to work for me.

I've uploaded a couple of photos here of my home; if I could just see some charcoal gray with a tan on the body of the house I think I'd feel better before they get the paint.

The second photo shows the approximate color the home will be. That color is a little more gold than we want and we are trying one more tan which has less yellow in it tomorrow to see if we like it better, but this color is pretty close. We plan on changing the exterior lights to a charcoal gray bronze color also to tie in with the trim color.

Would someone be willing to help me out with a mock up showing the tan color with a charcoal gray bronze trim? It doesn't have to be perfect, just a quick look, I'd really appreciate it.

Do you think my choice is crazy, please be honest. DH thinks the same as me about the trim; he doesn't like the brown look either. We would have put a gray roof on, but the shingles which are gray in this part of florida all get yucky looking in about a year, the tan seems to hold up better. By the way the roof drip rail is a charcoal color if you look real close at the first photo. the other two photos are before we had the roof put on. Everyone seems to choose light colors for their trim, but they start looking dirty right away due to all the rain, pollen and dust in the air, that's another reason why we wanted a darker trim color.

Thanks ever so much for your advice.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH