SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephcil

Help w/ backsplash... off white buttercream glazed cabinets

stephcil
13 years ago

My kitchen has been done for over a year.. minus the backsplash. I really don't know what to do. Was looking for suggestions...

We have off white cabinets that have a buttercream glaze.. so the goldish glaze collects in grooves and the cabinets are very warm. Our countertop is chestunt quartz. (chocolate color w/ carmel flecks). Paint is blonde by SW, couch is spice red in attached fam room... curtains have large checks w/ greens, spice red, golds... tans. Style is traditional.. stainless appliances.. and a golden oak hardwood floor.

Area to be done is simple L shape.. about 5 plugs/switches oddly placed and in center of backsplash. Microwave over stove (slide in stove).

I was thinking of doing 4" tiles. Row of horitzontal on bottom.. a border.. then diaganol set on top. Glass tile border? Pencil border? Antique bronze border? Accents througout top? But plugs/switches may make look strange..

I wanted a gold color tile.. but hubby thinks we have too much gold in the room (paint is gold.. ). I thought the gold would help the cabinets stand out. He likes color.. I like more simple. I have a sample of porcelain tile (2") that look like slate.. colors ok. He wants whole backsplash in that.. I think would be too busy.

Any ideas??? Any pics of similar cabinets w/ a backsplash?? I will try to post pics later.. thank you!!!

Stephanie

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner