SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenmax_2008

Appliance Handles match Cabinet Handles?

gardenmax-2008
15 years ago

Our kitchen has cream shaker cabinets around the perimeter. The Island is black shaker but distressed a little bit. The appliances are Monogram GE and they have the modern stainless steel bar handles. I went to Lee Valley and bought about 30 different knobs and handles. To my surprise the perimeter looks great with the same handle as the appliances but the island looks awful with those handles. Help.

What in the world should I do. Come up with something totally different. But you know once you see what works you want it and it is hard to change. Is there any possibility if I picked a really ornate black library pull and knob for the Island that could work with the modern appliance handle. The only other thought I have is what about glass knobs?

Also, to complicate it more there is also a desk unit 6 feet away. I always thought I would use Library pulls on them, and they are the cream cabinets matching the perimeter. Do you think really modern library pulls? If I go with the LP on the Island should I use the same black ornate on the desk? You can see I am confused and tortured, going without sleep. Help.

Comments (3)