SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Mixing KitchenAid Proline and Architect appliances - handles

juddgirl2
10 years ago

We're updating the kitchen and will be replacing all of the black KitchenAid appliances with stainless steel KitchenAid appliances.

The cabinets will be refinished and a few will be modified but the appliances will stay in the same location. The refrigerator and oven/microwave unit are on one wall, and the dishwasher and trash compactor are on the adjacent peninsula, with just the sink cabinet separating them.

DH prefers the Pro Line series because of the heavier, tubular handles, but the trash compactor seems to only be available in the Architect series, with the flatter, curved handles. I plan on ordering the Pro Line refrigerator and wall oven but I'm not sure about the dishwasher.

I prefer the Pro Line handles, but would it look more cohesive if the dishwasher matches the trash compactor since they're so close to each other? Or do you think it would be better to have all matching handles except the trash compactor? (The dishwasher isn't near the walkway so I'm not worried about bumping into the ProLine handle.)

Also, does anyone have a CD Pro Line refrigerator right next to a Pro Line wall oven unit? I'm wondering if there's an issue with interference with the larger refrigerator and oven handles when the refrigerator door swings open. I know (from experience, unfortunately) the dents that can result when someone opens the refrigerator door when the microwave door is also open, but I'm wondering if there's an issue even when the oven/micro doors are closed.

(Dishwasher and trash compactor are on either side of the sink on peninsula)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (12)