SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tuppermom

Fat Quarter Purse

tuppermom
18 years ago

Here are the instructions for the fat quarter purse. They were given to me verbally while showing me a sample, so I hope I have it right!!

Square up 2 fat quarters ( can be the same or contrasting) and place one on top of the other, right sides together. Sew around all sides leaving an opening to turn. Turn right side out and lay flat. Overlap 2 diagonal corners making sure they are overlapped evenly. Sew a square through all thicknesses about 2 inches square. Fold remaining points to match at centre. Fold in half horizontally and sew each side. Flatten side seams to a point and sew across about 1/2 inch up to form bottom of purse. Turn right side out. Turn points down leaving lining fabric showing about 1/2 inch. Sew around entire top to form a casing for drawstring. Make drawstring from ribbon, fabric, cording etc. If you wish, sew a button or tassel to the pointed flaps securing them to the purse.

The purse can be made from any size squares of fabric, depending on what size you want. The gal who showed it to the quilt shop owner made one from an eight square and used Valentine fabrics. She put chocolate hearts in it and gave it to the owner for Valentines Day

Have fun!

If you need clarification, post here or e-mail me and I will try to help.

Mary

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County