SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasnewbie

Kitchen layout help, please

Betsy Kocsis
10 years ago

Hello, GardenWeb designers!

I've been mostly lurking here for over a year now, trying to get up the gumption to post my floor plan and beg for help in reconfiguring our kitchen. This would be a remodel; we've been here 13 years. The death of our oven the other day has finally pushed me into action. Here are my goals for our kitchen remodel:

1. separate prep & clean-up zones

2. fix traffic paths so they're kept out of prep & cooking zones

3. possibly make room for a standard depth fridge (I think I would like an all-fridge but probably don't have the space for it)

4. fix venting system (it's loud and inadequate, probably because it's not installed correctly, based on what I've read here)

5. get properly finished cabinets that can stand up to kitchen use (heat & water)

6. I'd really like to reconfigure the entry with an actual mudroom. I'm not sure if this should be a separate post/request elsewhere, but I've seen others get good suggestions about mudrooms & entries here so I thought I'd just throw that in, in case someone can see a way to improve the layout.

Budget is somewhat flexible but I'm hoping to keep it under $25K (this doesn't include appliances like steam oven). Totally unrealistic? DH says he's leaving here feet first so we're here for the duration. I'm hoping that will help to justify the expense, that we'll be here for the duration.

Is this enough for all you design mavens to work with? Thanks so very much for your help!

edited to remove extraneous info and improve formatting

This post was edited by Imp.capensis on Sun, May 11, 14 at 15:14

Comments (28)