SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alicia58801

Paint choices...urgent...please help!!

alicia58801
14 years ago

We are at the point in our house-building process that I have to choose paint colors...by tomorrow!!! Why, oh why, do I always second guess myself at the last minute? I'm hoping that all of you can either confirm my choices or offer new suggestions. So sorry I don't have more photos for you!! I cannot get Flashplayer to work on my computer, and therefore I can't edit or imbed any photos from photobucket.

We are working with SW paint choices. Here's what I have so far:

Great room/dining/mudroom (all one open area with very light pine ceiling) in SW Escape Gray. It is just down from Austere Gray, a little more green than Comfort Gray (which used to be in the running, but I really don't want blue, just a nice gray/green). My fear is that this might still look too gray on the walls, but there is a huge amount of light in this room, so I don't know what that will do to any paint color. And, unfortunately, no time to spare for painting swatches!

As an accent in this area, we were going to use SW Dried Thyme on the large wall of windows in the great room. It is just below Escape Gray on the strip, and is a nice dark green/gray.

Boys' bedroom: Outdoorsy hunting, fishing, camping theme. My idea is to paint Trusty Tan on the walls, do a tree mural in the corner, and black animal tracks across a few walls. Decent idea??

Guest room: Trusty Tan

Master Bedroom - I really need your help here!! I love the combo of chocolate brown, red/burgundy, and white. I was thinking Brevity Brown (deep chocolate brown) on headboard wall, which has sconces on either side of bed in a black metal/amber glass finish. Then Trusty Tan on other 3 walls. White bedspread with brown and red accent pillows. Deep red drapes. Is this okay, or should I think about something different for paint?

Master Bath: White paint, brownish porcelain tiles, dark hickory vanity.

ANY help or suggestions you can give based on the limited info above would be hugely appreciated!

Alicia

Comments (2)