SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
docmamma

Getting walnut BB! Any experience with the Good stuff?

docmamma
12 years ago

Big day for my kitchen remodel. We picked our sink and faucet. But most exicitedly I saw a sample of the butcher block we are going to get for the rounded table part of our island. My KD had priced out maple but when I saw the walnut I knew there was no way I was going to compromise on this one. I had my eye on walnut bb since I found this forum (thanks breezy) and when I saw it in person I knew it was perfect for the feel I am going for. It complements both the granite, verde butterfly, which pulls out some of the walnut's hidden green undertones and really goes great with our cabinets which will be alder in a reddish stain called Windsor. Here are the samples with the backsplash we are considering. It is not the best picture because I don't think it truly does justice for how beautiful the walnut is.

With everything I've read here I was assuming that we would go with a satin Waterlox or tung oil. This walnut bb comes finished with a product call The good stuff. I did a search but did not find much about it. I have a walnut sample at home with it on it and it seems absolutely fine, not too much sheen and wipes up nicely. Anyone have any experience with this product?

Comments (3)