SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gillylily

Pillows, Paint, and Decoration.. OH MY

gillylily
13 years ago

YOu were all so informative on my last post, so I figured I would give it another go around. Many of you lit the fire for my making my built-ins window seats. It was always my plan to do so, but I have reservations right now due to my children's ages (and the significant drop from the window to the ground below).

That being sad, i can't stop thinking about window seat cushions and what I will do when that time comes (although my mother thinks the girls- ages 5 &7 are old enough now to "get it").

So what color/style would you suggest?

THese are the elements of the room:

We have this collection of pillows from RH in Silver Sage:

We have a brown leather sectional although we will be purchasing a micro-fiber sectional soon (color tbd- since despite the salesman at the times opinion, Leather is NOT best for small children and dog)- but most likely the sectional will be similar in color (choc. brown)

This is the room in question:

and the window seats (there is one on the other side of the FP as well).

OUr FR is part of our great room- Our kitchen is quite a distance away, but the perimeter countertops are absolute black granite, with cinnamon color cabs. the island is a color called typhon bordeaux with swirls of brown. black, taupe, cream, rusty/red/wine colors. we are having a travertine subway tile that looks beautiful with the island installed by the end of the month.

Any suggestions on

A- Wall color (both for FR and kitchen

B-Cushion color for window seats

C- Any other decorative tips you can offer.

Thanks so much for your help!

Elissa

Comments (7)