SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlosmom

has anyone had paint mixed at 200%?

arlosmom
13 years ago

hi all, I'm primarily a lurker on your forum because I always feel like I have so little to offer design-wise. I end up with results I like, but it's always through much painful trial and error, not because I have any idea what I'm doing.

Anyway, we're turning an upstairs bedroom into our TV room and I'm looking for a paint answer. After reading lots of posts on gray paint yesterday, I brought home two samples and actually loved one! One the first trip to the paint store! Picking paint colors is usually agony for me. So the color I ended up loving id BM Sandy Hook Gray. My husband really likes it too, but wants it to have more "oompf". I know it's possible to have paint mixed with extra pigment...how much of a difference will it make? Does it make it darker, or just richer and more saturated? Should I go with 150%? 200%?

The room is pretty large, about 14' by 17', with four big windows, tall baseboards and door trim which will all be painted white. Curtains will be white linen in the warm months, dark brown velvet in the winter (all from Ikea -- I couldn't make them cheaper myself!!). The sandy hook gray is beautiful and warm, but looks just a tiny bit washed out with all the light.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help. : )

Comments (14)