SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nanc512

Leaking soffit after rain

nanc512
16 years ago

I got water in my finished basement last week after a heavy downpour. When it rained today, I went outside and looked, I saw water dripping from under the soffit on the sides of the house that got water in the basement. This was my parent's house, dad replaced all the soffit years ago with what I assume is vinyl. The gutters have guards on them and I have them checked, the downspouts work. It appears there is something wrong with the soffit on that part of the house, but I don't know what to do. The water is dripping at the seam in the outer part and it really drips along half the front of the house, all of one side and part of the back. I will need to call a contractor to look at it and want to make sure I have an idea of what they will need to do, so I thought I would check here first. The house is a brick ranch, about 50 years old.

I think there was so much rain last week, it just made the soffits drip like crazy down along the foundation. The water appears to be coming up from the floor, no water on the walls or near the windows. Maybe I need to call a concrete repair company and have them look at the outside of the foundation? I feel like the soffits need to be checked, as well.

Any input would be appreciated. I am a single mom, my son and mom live with me. Our church sends a group of men out monthly to fix things, but they were just here before this happened and I would like to get it looked and fixed before another big rain.

Thanks.

Nancy

Comments (5)