SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Scratch & Stain test on wood and laminate

susanlynn2012
15 years ago

All of my thicker wood and laminate samples held up very well to cold Tea poured on them for 10 minutes. One 15 year warranty engineered sample has the liquid start to spread while the 25 year warranty samples had the liquid sit on it and stay where it was without damaging anything or spilling on the rug like the 15 year one did with a drop.

All showed no scratches with a metal big paper clip run over it very hard.

An Acco Top fastener (sharp edge) was able to scrape all but the laminates but no real damage on any of my samples with barely noticeable scratches.

My big sharp scissors was able to scratch all my samples. The hard wood and the engineered wood samples showed a tiny scratch on each sample while the high gloss Bruce Park Avenue Laminates showed scratches if you looked at it in an angle but standing up to it you could not see it on the floor since the scratch did not take off the laminate like it did the finish on the wood sample (except for the Landmax Engineered Wood sample that has 10 coats of protection on it).

The Anderson Northern Plank Engineered Wood wtih 25 Yr warranty- hid scratches well & the the color stayed the same unlike the bamboo that I really loved the look of aned wished it was a little bit darker.

The Westhollow matt laminate finish barely showed the scratch at all and was the most sturdy at 12 MM also despite not feeling the maple color was realistic as well as beign too light for my home office room due to the Cherry furniture.

The Landmax engineered wood barely showed any scratches at all and held up the best out of any of my woods. I wonder what other species of wood Landmax comes in other than the Doussie species I have here since it is a great product. I can't find much about the company on the Internet.

I love the Doussie but it will make my room too red and not give any contrast. It also is the color I like now but I heard it gets dark with light. It looks great in my family room. I wish I would not care and just buy the Doussie but I worry about it clashing despite being a close match.

Comments (18)