SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Engineered Wood or Bruce Laminate Flooring if have dogs?

susanlynn2012
15 years ago

I am in love with the BR-111 triangular Amendoim Engineered Hardwood floors and feel that is what I am going to use for my master bedroom and maybe my family room. But for my office despite it going the best and really looking great with my cherry wood furniture in that room, I am thinking I should be more practical and install the Bruce Park Avenue Flooring in there so if my little almost 4 lb Maltese marks in there, I can clean it up without worrying about damaging my expensive floors and if clients and the furniture damage my floors maybe there will be less damage with the laminate. Some of my clients who come here and saw my samples feel I should just do my home all in the Amendoim that looks great in every room while other clients with dogs that have accidents (my other dogs are great but this little one who was spayed after her 2nd heat... had to wait due to her heart murmur just likes to mark anything new or to make it have her smell... tiny pee marks that do no damage but maybe they will stain my new floor if I do not catch it right away) feel I should go with Ceramic tile everywhere (Only putting this in my two foyer areas) or a Laminate product at least 12 MM thick (that is what the Park Avenue is at 12 M = almost 1/2" thick).

So those with dogs, what do you suggest I do? Do I go with teh coloring of the Amendoim that looks best in my office or go with one of the beautiful floors of the Bruce Park Avenue Laminates that do not go as well with my furniture in my office and are a little dark for my office but it looks like it would hold up well.

Comments (27)