SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Weight loss secrets(??)

neetsiepie
15 years ago

Some of you asked how I lost the 50+ pounds, and everyone asks my secrets. Well... I don't really have any secrets, just working really hard. Not gonna lie, it's TOUGH, there are times I'd kill for lasagna and chocolate cake, but on days like today when I got rid of my old clothes that are waay too big, it's worth it.

So a typical day for me is either 1 cup of high fiber (I like Kashi) cereal with fruit, nonfat milk and I use splenda. Or I have a Fiber1 bar, nonfat yogurt and a banana. I ALWAYS eat breakfast, but usually not till 8:30 or 9.

For lunch I'll have a WeightWatchers frozen meal and a green salad. Or a sandwich of whole wheat bread, mustard, veggies, and lean meat and a cup of veggie soup.

I snack during the day, on rice cakes, apple slices, carrots & hummus, or grapes.

Dinner is lean meat, veggies and sometimes a salad. I use only whole wheat products and brown rice. Whole grains and raw veggies if possible.

For an evening snack, if I want one, I have either a WeightWatchers Giant Latte frozen bar, or a couple of cups of flavored decaf coffee. I also like the microwave popcorn singles, too. 100 calories for the bag.

I buy this nonfat milk called "Skim Rich", it's thicker like 2%, but doesn't have that fat taste, so it's good in coffee.

I do drink either diet soda or water during my meals, so it helps fill me up. I also try to eat slowly and really chew my food well.

The only added fats I use are EVOO or I can't believe it's not butter light. If I use cheese (rarely) it's nonfat, and since it doesn't taste or melt so great, I use very little.

I wish I could say there is a magic formula, there isn't. I know, now, my weaknesses, and I cannot have the tempting things in my house or be where they're at. I purposely keep my diet simple...that is the only way I can keep it under control. And the thought that my health is way too important to me to risk it for a box of Hot Tamales.

Comments (2)