SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Any pics of Amendoim floors & which plank width did you choose?

susanlynn2012
15 years ago

First I posted this on the Kitchen Forum also thinking I was replying to a Decorating Forum post when I did a search for Amendoim Hardwood Flooring.

After trying to like very light floors to get an airy look in my home that I have with my light beige carpeting, I am finding out that the following woods seems to go well with my cherry wood desk in my home office home office and darker cherry legs on my glass coffee and end tables in my family room. The lighter colors seemed out of place.

Hence, I have narrowed down my search to the following species of woods in the Engineered hardwood flooring due to my cement floor on my ground level. Mannington Amedoim 5" planks (but now I am wondering if I should go with 3" planks to have more color variation?) I love due to not being too dark but still so rich in color varation.

Mannington I am told has virtually no VOCS in their glue and their product will have just about no outgassing so that is why I am looking at their products.

I love also the Brazilian Cherry and the Santos Mahagony but I know these will be darker and show more dust but I love the samples I have seen with the color variation.

So now since I changed my mind on the honey color of the Oak planks, Maple planks (loved so much but does not go with all my furniture since less variation in the wood) and the Hickory planks, I think I like the way the above grain of the three wood species looks and the coloring of the flooring when it is natural.

I love the BR111 and I am going to call them tomorrow to see if their products have any formaldehyde in them. Anyone have this brand or other engineered hardwood brands that had no outgassing?

Anyone else with pictures and why they chose 3" or 5" plank width?

Comment