SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llckll_gw

Very high level renovation costs...

llckll
10 years ago

Hi All,

I sent this list of things I would like to do to my current contractor and another contractor. My contractor said he estimates it to cost $175k. The new guy said all can be done around $200k. Again, both estimates include extending to the side but we will not be doing that.

- extending the house to the back about 20 feet. May or may not want to extend the side of the house by 2-3 feet. We're leaning more towards just extending to the back to keep the cost lower.

- redoing our detached one car garage to match the rest of the house.

-extending the house to the back includes the basement and attic extension. We would like to dig the basement deeper as well to have more headroom, and creating a french drain system to prevent flooding.

-gut renovation which includes new insulation, drywall, hardwood floors (1st and 2nd floor only. Basement and attic will be carpet), electrical, plumbing, 2-zone hvac, converting wood burning fireplace to gas, creating a laundry room on the second floor as the laundry is currently in the basement.

- relocation of kitchen, relocation of first floor half bathroom, adding new full bath in the basement, adding a master suite to our bedroom, creating a separate entrance to the attic in the hallway (currently, the entrance is in a bedroom).

- new siding and roofing.

- new driveway pavement and landscaping.

- new windows and a coupe french doors at the back of the house in the kitchen.

What is your experience with this scope of work? Can all this be done with approximately $200k?

Comments (18)