SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brickton

Questions (Lowered Peninsula, eBay Sink)

brickton
14 years ago

Okay y'all I have two questions that your expertise can likely help settle.

First, I am still spinning on the design of the peninsula. I am debating raised eating bar, all one level or lowered eating bar. Thanks to jsweenc and others I at least was able to figure out what I like about islands/peninsulas with certain eating bars. It's the legs. I never thought of myself as a leg man, but apparently for kitchens, it's all about legs. When I added legs all of the sudden I like large expanses of countertops, that I didn't like before. But my question is, does this design look weird? Would a 30-32" high peninsula (for regular sized chairs on the eating side) be aweful for prep work? Would the sink be useless? I'm 6' and reasonably comfortable working on our dining room table when standing. My wife is 5'6" and she thinks she'll be fine with it. Does anyone have a lowered large island? Or peninsula? Any thoughts on this?

Pics of design here (odd cabinet bump in would have outlets facing both sides, maybe with flip-up covers) :

Second question:

There is a Waterworks fireclay 30" apron sink for sale on eBay that someone bought and never installed. It's for sale for $450, which I think is a pretty great deal. Is it not worth saving the $300 to buy a used sink though? I know that other people have had issues with theirs and the thought of not having a warranty makes me nervous. But the thought of getting the sink 1/2 price makes me giddy. I know I could get a 30" Rohl off eBay brand new for $750... Oh and I would have to drive 3 hrs (each way) to pick up this sink. What do you all think? Good find? Bad idea?

As always, I appreciate it.

Comments (5)