SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
downsouth_gw

Hardwood flooring or tile for kitchen?

downsouth
9 years ago

What are your feelings on tile vs. hardwood flooring in the kitchen? There's the issue of potential water leaks and that's the main reason hubby wants tile.

There are two entrances to the kitchen...the dining room which is hardwood floors and the breakfast room (which is off the great room and has a door to the kitchen). I'm not against tile in the kitchen, but I don't want to see tile from the great room. Would it look bad to just tile the kitchen and do hardwood flooring in the breakfast room and a small hallway? Right now we have vinyl flooring in the kitchen, breakfast room, hallway and laundry closet.

The small hallway is off from the breakfast room and the laundry "closet" is right there. The master bedroom is to the left of this small hallway and the family room/den is to the right. Hubby wants the laundry area tiled too. I think it would be impossible to get our front load washer/dryer out of this closet over a threshold that would need to be there if we did hardwood flooring in the hallway and tile in the laundry closet. The laundry closet would have to be hardwood flooring as well.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks, Dee

Comments (31)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH