SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erosenst

Need help decorating corner of big bedroom

Emily Peltz
13 years ago

We built our house several years ago. I love how almost all of it turned out; however, there were few things that I wish I had visualized better.

One is that the master bedroom is too large because it's right above our great room. (Yes, I know - in general, a high class issue.) I've gotten more used to it...but it's still too big.

The corner that looks the emptiest currently houses an ugly TV on an uglier stand. (It came with the marriage :) ). I would have replaced it a long time ago, but kept hoping inspiration would strike and/or the TV would die. Fortunately (?) the TV is now in its final throes...so it's time to do something different.

The easiest (?) would be to get some sort of TV stand and put a flat screen on it... but it's going to lead to the same problem. I like having a TV in that corner - perfect viewing from the bathroom as I get ready in the morning, and still visible from the bed.

Before doing that, however, would love some suggestions from the pros here. Only constraint is that the bed can't move. (We have switches on the wall on either side of the headboard, and it would be very difficult to move them without repainting the walls - which I don't want to do.)

Here are some pics that show the room from various angles:

(The colors in the room didn't photograph well - they don't clash as they appear to do here. The chaise now has a navy-ish damask cushion, and the picture propped on the floor to the right of the window is hanging to the left of it.)

Thanks in advance for the help...

Emily

Comments (13)