SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abbycat9990_gw

Need Help with Bedroom Decor!

abbycat9990
13 years ago

I cannot figure out how to dress the windows in this bedroom. I have changed the bed placement several times, and now I think we've found the best layout for all of the furniture. The curtains shown below are a temporary solution; they belong elsewhere and are the wrong length.

Our 1950 ranch has huge expanses of windows in most rooms, and this bedroom has five - wrapping the corner! We have dark wood blinds in the living room, which is the best look from outside. Three of the windows in this room face the front too, so I'd like to keep the dark bamboo shades (prefer not to splurge on wood blinds) for continuity along the facade.

The curtains need to be opaque for privacy. But what color - match the walls, the bedspread or stay with an off-white? Patterned or plain? I think floor length equals too much fabric on the two walls, so I'm leaning toward 63" sill length. The walls are BM Honeymoon, the floor is cork planks, the bedspread is a new score from Overstock and I love the muted terracotta/ivory/olive tones. Note: the bedspread is usually striped side up (see last pic) but I was experimenting by showing the underside on this day.

Here it is with the striped side up, and the new duvet cover.

Also, when we settle the curtain issue, we'll re-cover the chair and repaint the trim. Please give me some ideas!

Comments (5)