SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_east_gw

Fabric color type and help for couch (reupholstering)

nancy_east
15 years ago

Hello! I have a question regarding reupholstering a couch we own. Our kids and cats have done more damage than I can bear any longer but it's still in good shape other than aesthetic issues. I have gotten a quote to have it reupholstered and I *think* it will be a less expensive alternative than buying a new one. It is a Broyhill couch with 6 cushions along the back in a forest green color currently (looks very similar to the Pottery Barn Charleston couch).

I am looking for advice on 2 things:

1. What types of fabric would be durable with children (no more cats, unfortunately, in our lives right now)? I don't want it to be uncomfortable fabric but definitely durable and washable.

2. What color choices should I think about going with if my great room is going to be painted in SW Ivoire (new construction home under progress). The only other piece of furniture I have for the room is a leather recliner (not the overstuffed, cushy kind of recliner but the more modern, sleek looking leather recliner if that makes sense). The room is a blank canvas right now for the most part! The architecture of our house is definitely craftsman style but I don't plan on making the interior overly craftsman but more cottagey/vintage with a "softer" touch than what I think of as authentically craftsman.

Any advice is MOST appreciated! I'm going to look for fabrics tomorrow so if anyone has any advice, fire away!!

Comment (1)