SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

Is my sink feeling blue?

beaglesdoitbetter1
13 years ago

Perhaps you might remember my post about the blue Whitehaus sink that was purple. Well, the resolution to my lack of ability to find a blue sink was to have a custom concrete sink made. The original idea was to have that custom sink made in blue to match the granite. Alas, after 5 color samples of blue concrete, it became clear that an exact (or close) match would not be possible.

The next idea became to have a concrete sink made and then have it painted in a color matched to our granite exactly at Sherwin Williams. We can easily have the paint color matched using a small piece of granite (we've already done it for our cabinets). We have been assured painting will be fine, durable and all those good things (people paint concrete garage floors all the time, for example)

SO... My sink came back in a kind of white-y color that is pretty. My concrete sink maker said we could paint it and it would work, but I'd lose some texture and some of the 'beauty' of concrete. I have a french country aesthetic going on in the kitchen, so I don't know if this plain color concrete sink is going to go w/ everything else going on. It is also not what I wanted- but it is pretty.

Would you paint it blue or wouldn't you (assuming we're going to of course do a test on the bottom of the sink that won't show first to make sure we're happy with the blue).

The sink:

The sink again:

The blue bahia that the sink is going in:

The photoshop mockup of where the sink is going:

The other sink in the kitchen (marble, made out of the same slab as the countertops)

The whole kitchen:

Comments (34)