SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leezzz

buyer has inspected my house...

leezzz
11 years ago

and now asking these items to be repaired and we feel like he is out of line, maybe not? the house was built in 1974, well maintained and in great condition.

1) He's asking for the door between the garage and the house to be replaced with a fire-rated door. This is really a shocker to us.

2) Electrical system is all in working order, but the inspector noted that there are 2 breakers/hand movements more than the standard 6 to turn off power, so the buyer is asking us to repair/replace the panel which could cost more than the repair cap amount. My question is are we required to do this? I'm in OK, don't know much about electrical code and just trying to do it right for both of the parties. Also, an electrician took a look yesterday and didn't think we needed to fix anything to get the house sold even though he agreed with the inspector's finding.

3) Some of the roof ridge tabs are flat on the top, buyer thinks there's something wrong with the support underneath and wants it resolved. We are having a roofer look at next week. We had the house completely reroofed 4 years ago, so not sure what could be wrong.

Thanks in advance for any of your inputs.

Comments (23)