SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
badin_gw

Need house sale miracle in early 2008

badin
16 years ago

A little over a year ago, dh & I bought a new house. We expected to live in it until he retires, so we splurged on having nearly the whole house repainted in some colors that aren't exactly universally appealing. We love the look - but our RE agent has already warned us that repainting will be necessary before we list. Since he sold our previous two houses quickly and for good prices, I trust him and his decorator.

We're having to sell because of a family medical crisis. We've already found a house that suits our new needs and will close & move very soon. Our current house will be painted and prepped for sale as soon as we vacate. Due to both the general slow down in the market, and some new construction nearby, we expect a net loss of about $100K, and hope it won't be worse. We'll price the house about 10% below the new construction, even though we have a better lot & location, and our 1 yr. old house has some upgrades. With the new neutral paint & polished hardwoods/stone (no carpet), we expect our house to look as good as new. We hope that some buyers will appreciate the fact that it's been through its first year shakedown period and all of the minor glitches have been remedied.

Our last house sold in less than two weeks. I don't expect the RE agent to do that again, but am really hoping that he can close this one in less than 90 days (avg. DOM here is nearly 100.) Dh is already so stressed, and I don't want his hypertension to get any worse. It seems awful to even care about the money or the house when we're so fortunate that our child is still alive, but I can't ignore that reality.

So please send prayers, good wishes, positive vibes, or whatever you believe in our way. My foremost hope is that we get some good medical news over the next few months and my next hope is for a quick sale and easy close. Thanks!

Comments (12)