SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polardreams

OT - Wedding

polardream
10 years ago

I have been out of touch for a while and wanted to let you know how the wedding went!

DS got married last Saturday (11-23) in Estes Park. Our national guard and road construction crews worked so hard and both highways were open after our September flooding washed out major highways with 2 days to spare! (opened 11-21) so our drive was just over an hour instead of the 3 hour drive we anticipated. YAHOO.

Thursday we had about 5" of snow and another 3" on Friday, so the venue was beautiful, but the kids debated pulling the plug on the outdoor ceremony that they both really wanted. We talked to them and convinced them that if they wanted it outside, everyone could survive 30 minutes. Katie added the navy blue pashimas and gloves a few days before the wedding and it turned out beautifully. (we had been having 60 degree temps until Wednesday before the wedding!) They also got boxes of handwarmers the greeters handed to the guests as we all left the reception venue and walk down to the ceremony site. The venue also provided cushions to sit on and blankets for the guests.

Tobey and I were both pretty emotional since Tyler is an only child and we have an incredibly close relationship. Tobey told him on Friday he didn't want him to get married because we would lose him, but Tyler assured him he wouldn't. On Saturday, Tobey said he was happy he was getting married to such a lovely young woman! I almost didn't make it through my toast or the mother-son dance without crying!

We were blessed to have pretty much all of our family to be able to be here. (only 2 nephews couldn't come). Our "in-laws" are lovely people with values we appreciate. After our chilly ceremony, dinner, toasting, and dancing went on until almost 11pm. They also had a "photo booth" for all the guests to have fun, posed shots taken by one of the photographers - they even had lots of photo props!

Our moms, my sister, and best friend stayed until yesterday. It has been wonderful. The kids are in St. Lucia on their honeymoon until Monday night so we are anxious for their return. We will be anxious to see all the pictures from their photographer!

There are more pictures in my photobucket, if you want to check them out.

Now I am hoping to spend a little more time quilting before Christmas!

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Tyler and Katie wedding - photobucket

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County