SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mickeddie_gw

Speaking w/Sellers tonight. What to ask?

mickeddie
16 years ago

Hi all,

I posted a few days ago about the house with a lot of spackle and got some really great responses. Thanks so much for your help. The message I got back from their agent was just that the owners were just doing some work around the house and didn't ever bother to repaint the areas so they just spackled.

The sellers have agreed to a conference call with us Friday night (tonight) to answer questions. We plan to get specific about the areas (What did you do to the upper corner of the bedroom, the section above the front door, etc). They will also answer our questions about the roof repair.

Do you have any suggestions on what other questions to ask the seller since we have them on the line? We haven't put in an offer yet, but hope to. This house has been on the market nearly 3 months. It was originally priced at $240k and is now at $220k. There are other, smaller, older homes in the neighborhood for sale at above $250k. Some of those homes have been on the market just as long, if not longer, but have not lowered the price at all. I'm dying to know why this house is priced so low, but don't know what insightful questions to ask (that the seller will answer) to help me understand before we buy.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

Comment (1)