SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
domesticah

Color Gurus please help (pic heavy)

domesticah
12 years ago

Hi there, I am a longtime lurker, and have posted in this decorating forum once before, but I usually hang over at the kitchen forum. We have just finished our kitchen facelift, and I would be very grateful for any advice regarding some color choices. My painter comes Monday (eek!!), and I am still undecided. I have made a few paint mistakes in my past and would very much like to avoid anotherone ; )

I am painting the kitchen and ajoining breakfast room. I plan to paint the kitchen cabinets BM Simply white (2143-70) to match the trim in my 1930's little house.

My Family room is Richmond Bisque. The other downstairs colors: LR Wilmington Tan, DR Hepplewhite Ivory.

I am thinking about BM Muslin, Sail Cloth or Simply White for the walls of the kitchen. I am leaning to Muslin for the Breakfast room. These two room are small and darkish.

What do you think? Is muslin too pinkish? I would go love to go gray, but I need to match the beige trim in the tile. Here are some pictures:

(looking in from family room)

(island is walnut)

{{!gwi}}

Tile.

The rooms being painted are somewhat dark. Your advice would be most appreciated. Thanks a ton.

Comments (17)