SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
househunting_gw

Let's just be friends

househunting
16 years ago

We have a friend who is also a mortgager.

Due to our diligent saving and being frugal we are in a position to take advantage of the falling prices. We told our friends we were looking in the area where they live.

They were excited but now they expect us to use them for our mortgage. I am not comfortable inviting friends into our financial stuff. Should I just say that? He has offered to just get us the approval letter for no cost and "no pressure" but we all know how that goes.

I don't want to waste his time. My husband, who HATES when people know too much about us, is surprisingly glad to have the option. I think I should just tell them no thanks because they are mostly friends via the kids. I don't want to be attending a playdate and discuss things like that. I also don't want to lead them on.

Our FICO scores are close to perfect. I can't inmagine that we would need the extra edge. There isn't any question about getting approved.

This would be so much easier if I could just say 'My husband said no'. My husband wants to keep our options open but looking takes time and our friend wants us to go ahead and get the approval letter soon which niether my husband or I are interested in at the moment.

Comments (25)