SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swanoir

Which bank offer would you take?

swanoir
17 years ago

We are in the process of purchasing a commerical property. The bank has offered us two options. The first option is an ARM at 7.625%. They are willing to put a 12% ceiling and a 7% floor. Here is the language:

Borrower will pay this loan in accordance with the following payment schedule: 60 monthly consecutive principal and interest payments in the initial amount of $1389.77 each, beginning January 15, 2007, with interest calculated on the unpaid principal balances at an interest rate of 7.625% per annum; 119 monthly consecutive principal and interest payments in the initial amount of $1389.77 each, beginning January 15, 2012, with interest calculated on the unpaid principal at an interest rate based on the Five Year Treasury Securities Index adjusted for Constant Maturity (currently 4.580%), plus a margin of 3.000 percentage points, resulting in an initial interest rate of 7.580%; and one principal and interest payment of $117,771.42 on December15, 2021, with interest calculated on the unpaid principle balances at an interest rate based on the Five Year Treasury Securities Index adjusted for Constant Maturity (currently 4.580%) plus a margin of 3.000 percentage points, resulting in an initial interest rate of 7.580%.

I am not completely clear on this, but I think what it is saying is that there will be one adjustment, then a balloon payment. However, I thought they said it would adjust every 5 years, so I do not know why there is no language about 2017.

The second option is a 10 year fixed arrangement at 7.49%.

With the first arrangement, the monthly payment is $1389.77; with the second, the monthly payment is $2220.

Comments?

Comments (7)