SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotmom_gw

Mixed feelings

dotmom
13 years ago

I don't know how to sort out my feelings about something happening in our family. Some of you may remember that we lost our precious daughter-in-law,(dirty fingernails) almost a year ago. It will be a year on the 23rd of June. Our son, had such a hard time with her death, that we were very worried about him. Sometime in the past 4-5 months, he had met a lady, and they have been seeing each other quite regularly. She also lost her spouse last year to cancer. We have met her and she is a very nice woman, just a few years younger than he. He said, he wasn't looking for anyone, and they just happened to meet at a social gathering pertaining to their jobs, and started talking. He said he is starting to feel alive again, and in no way has he forgotten His wife, but life has to go on. My mixed feelings are.....I guess what it really is, I don't know how I do or should feel about this new relationship. I loved my daughter-in-law, so much and I like the new lady, so I feel conflicted. Any one out there experience anything similar to this? Thanks, Dottie

Comments (29)