Houzz Logo Print
phyllis__mn

BDs today...Sue_Va, Dawnm_ia, Softball_80,foggyj

15 years ago

Have a lovely day, all.

Phyllis

Comments (7)

• 15 years ago

I hope today is a terrific celebration for each and everyone of you.

Shirley

• 15 years ago

Happy Birthday!! Hope you are all enjoying it!!!

• 15 years ago

Hope you all are having a great day!!!

• 15 years ago

Thanks for the nice wishes!

I had a lovely day with all of my local "Kids" here. That would be my DD, her DS and his bride-to-be, my DGD, her DH and their 3 kids plus a friend of one of the kids. They brought dinner and a delicious Mandarin Orange cake, plus great gifts.

There's nothing like Family!!

Sue, who is now officially 84 years old. :-)

• 15 years ago

Thanks. It was a low key day. The wife mistakenly said, 'What kind of cake do you want?'. I replied, 'Let me look in your Cake Bible.'. I picked out a triple layer chocolate cake. She only had two 9' cake pans so we went and got a third. Unfortunately she misread the directions and put in baking powder instead of baking soda. It tested done in the minimum amount of time but fell during the cooling process. Weighed a ton (actually 7 lbs) but I ate a slice anyway. Guess she'll never ask again.

So why do I feel guilty????

Also from out of the blue I got an email from a guy I was in the army with 37 years ago. He lives right here in Phila & wants to go out for a drink. I looked for him unsuccessfully in '02 when we had a reunion. He lived in Herkimer NY way back when. A nice surprise.

• 15 years ago

Darn!!! Here's another birthday post I missed. Belated birthday wishes to you all.
    Softball, I've experienced baking days like your wife had. It's a good thing it's the thought that counts.
    Great news about finding your friend. We got a phone call the other day from someone who was in the airforce with my stepson. He had been lookiong for SS for almost 12 years.

Linda

• 15 years ago

Happy Birthday Everyone!!!!