SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20106402

Help me find narrow, functional nightstands

User
15 years ago

As you can see in my first photo, there is a problem! Actually, I have quite few snags that could use some help, but as I'm new to posting here, I'll start out slow. This is our second home in the mountains of southwestern NC. We completed a renovation of the kitchen area and the master bedroom more than two years ago, but the process of updating the furnishings has been impeded by the limited time we are able to spend there. Much to our surprise, we ended up without enough wall space for our existing Bob Timberlake bedroom suite. We had an architect who was creative but not practical and we stupidly didnÂt have a designer review the plans. Losing the dresser was not a problem, as we were able to add drawer space to the walk in closet, but we had to switch out our furniture for a more narrow Shaker-style set from a guest bedroom (those are the nightstands) while we looked for a solution. We recently found this headboard and bench and were able to retire the pencil post bed. Now we need to find some nightstands 16 to 17 inches wide, preferably with a drawer or cabinet. The last time that we were there, I did find some that were the right style, but not well made. They were a Euro-style faux painted sort of a half-drum with a drawer and cabinet below, but the fittings were not aligned and stable. I would also like to replace the table between the two chairs with something smaller and round. Any suggestions?

Here is what the rest of the room looks like:

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!