SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mags438

Please help me make a functional kitchen

Mags438
8 years ago

Hi all. I'm back again trying to get a budget kitchen planned and executed. I'm keeping the footprint as-is, 13 X 11. It is an enclosed kitchen and I'd like to keep that as well.

There are 3 windows - 2 at the rear and one on the right side of kitchen, identified as window#1, window#2, etc. There is a door in the far right corner of the floor plan that needs to stay in its current position too. The kitchen also has to have eat-in space (table and chair space).

I prefer the sink location to remain on the party wall (13ft wall) since I don't want to move it too far from the secondary stack. The photo shows a galley layout that would work on the wall on the left of the room. On the floor plan, I mistakenly estimated 27" depth (based on current electric stove setup), but a 30" depth on this party wall is prolly a safer estimate. The fridge is in the corner to the right of window#3.

So what do I do with the rest of the room?? It feels lopsided. A spot for the microwave would be nice (since the stove hood will not contain a microwave.) Seems natural that countertop/landing space to left of fridge would seem valuable, but what would the cabinetry under it look like?? The budget won't allow at this time, a tall pantry between the door and window#3, so I'm stumped. I'm kinda stumped on this entire kitchen to be honest. Please help. Thanks!

Comments (46)

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs