SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
magothyrivergirl

Introduce myself - new to quilting

magothyrivergirl
15 years ago

I would like to introduce myself to the group - I am a GW member active on the Dec & Cooking forums. I found the Quilting forum a few months ago after I bought a new sewing machine -took my 38 yr old beloved Pfaff 1222 in for repairs and walked out with a new Quilt Expressions! That makes 4 machines for me & little time.:-) Now I need to learn to quilt. I want to say how much I have enjoyed your posts and pictures, and how much you have inspired me to jump right in. I have already learned so much from your posts. I think I have an idea of what I don't know now. LOL Thank you so much!!

I read the "newbie here thread" and decided I needed to introduce myself as well. Is there one place on this forum that lists the swaps and rules & events the group participate in? If newbies are allowed, I would like to participate if my schedule allows ( that darn job keeps getting in my way).

While, I won't be contributing any quilting tips / skills, I will ask questions, if you are willing to help. I am taking a Quilt as you Go (QAYG?) - Block a Month class from the Pfaff shop - so far I am on Block 1 and I loved it! I took a 5 hour class last Saturday from a quilt shop with a wonderful reputation, and I was very disappointed - poor instruction - I am a perfectionist - she advocated sloppy sewing. I will ask some questions from this group in another thread, if that is okay.

Thank you all again for your contributions.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz