SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
demeron

16 page response to inspection--?

demeron
17 years ago

I haven't read it yet. This is for 34 yo 1900 sf bilevel... sheesh. Bottom line is they want $5K (price is $187). Realtor says nothing on their list is stuff that must be fixed for next buyer. I am willing to give them a couple grand towards the electrical system which should be updated. However, we priced the house competitively and did not add anything for the custom kitchen or patio/landscaping, precisely because not all of the systems are updated. We also agreed before listing to buy a home warranty. I admit I am pretty over this. The inspection was 4 1/2 hours-- they spent the last half hour at our dining room table after we had returned home, feeling four hours should be ample, and were trying to bring our Xmas tree in and ice a birthday cake while the inspector was solemnly discussing how you repair chips in the shower. They seem like nice people and I would like this to work, but it also feels like everyone has their hands in our pockets, and you know what? There's nothing in there.

Comments (21)