SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisapico

Design advice from a plumber?? I'm second guessing....

lisapico
16 years ago

As we get closer and closer to our bid being finalized I'm getting worried.

First, the plumbing company called and asked if we realized how much we were spending on faucets/fixtures. They priced everything out to $12k which includes kitchen faucet, kitchen sink, 1/2 bath toilet and sink; MBR shower fixtures; bath fixtures; Kallista sink and faucet. They were amazed at the price and felt I should know how much it was coming to. The bid includes labor.

I kind of felt embarrassed by her comment and felt I needed to defend our objective. We looked at moving but homes in our area are really expensive so remodeling seemed the best choice. And if we're going to remodel, do it right. Get the best of what you can afford.

So, I thought long and hard about our decisions and felt like we could probably downgrade on the shower fixtures. I am okay with that. I'm wondering if I should substitute the Cambrian Black Antique granite in our kitchen to a black caesarstone. I think it would save a bit of money along with using butcherblock on our island vs. the verde fantastico.

I thought I had it all figured out and now I'm second guessing myself. Can anyone relate??

Comments (33)