SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faleash

Granite help... pretty please?

faleash
15 years ago

Our island will be between 4 and 5 feet deep by approx 10.5 feet long. We've been struggling to find slabs long enough that we love. Seems they are too short and we love them or the right size and we don't love them. We've finally found our three favorites in sizes that work! (Pause for celebration moment!) I'd love your opinion on what we picked before we pick the winner.... one favorite has some concerns I wanted to run by you: Suelo Marino.... I think you describe it as a labradorite type. Deep greenish black with lots of very large irridescent quartzite pieces throughout it. I think this may be my husbands very favorite. I'm wondering about this type of stone for an island that does get used... not just a showpiece. We will have our cooktop in it and the island extends to also be our everyday eating space. Will this stone hold up? Our other finalists are similar to each other: Cosmic Black and Titanium. We found several slabs of these with beautiful movement. Our home is pretty contemporary and we love art. These all "speak to us" (how corny!!) but I am interested in how they'll hold up. Thank you for your great advice that I always enjoy reading!!

Comments (29)