SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runnerxc

Did realtor screw up?

runnerxc
9 years ago

Hey all,
Here is my story. We were going to add onto our house but before we did decided to peruse around and see if there may be another house out there that met our needs. Well, we found one. It was perfect for us and motivated us to put our house on the market and try to sell quickly to attain it. We priced our house competitively, fixed up whatever we could, and hoped we could sell in time to put an offer in on the house we wanted. If the house we wanted was sold, we would probably pull our house off and just continue with the addition.
Fast forward two weeks and we got an offer on our house. Two days later after a counter, we had a deal struck up. This all happened over the weekend and we were ready to put our offer in the house we wanted on Monday. Monday afternoon we get a call from our realtor that the house we wanted had an offer on it on Friday, and they accepted Monday morning....so we lost the house and had an agreement on our house.....worse case scenario.
My question is, I know crap happens and all but shouldn't our realtor have been in contact with the realtor of the house we wanted and let them know that they had an offer coming soon? As early as Wednesday the week before, we knew the guy was interested and could possibly be putting in an offer. I feel like we really got screwed because our realtor wasn't keeping the other realtor in the loop. I mean all our decisions (negotiating, pricing, etc) was all based on the fact that we were motivated to get the house that we wanted.
What do you all think? Sorry for the long post.

Comments (21)