SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wwwonderwhiskers

Leaded Window in Master Bath?

wwwonderwhiskers
12 years ago

Hello. Lurker seeking opinions please. We're DINKs @ 50, building kinda normal house, 3 acres, wooded central mid-Atlantic. I love natural light, and to bring the outdoors inside. Lotsa windows here, in an "upscale rustic" theme.

In the Master Bath is a large picture window where I always envisioned "hanging" something in front of the window, like a leaded or stained glass, which would add character without being overpowering, not block light, but add some level of privacy but remain transparent for the nice wooded view: all angles of view considered. No bars in the window.

Master Bath is almost 11' width wall-to-wall, and about 14' long corridor style with closet on the far end. Tub pictured is a simple 72 inch soaking tub with dual-sconce above. Tiles are "travertine look" porcelain with some cherry tones & a vine-texture border, cider-on-cherry cabs. Right across from the window is a large plate mirror, dual vanity with sunken area between. Window faces north-west, so afternoon sun will come in & shine onto the dual sconce wall.

SO given all this, do you think the pictured leaded glass window will look nice hanging in front of the window? DH's problem is that his Engineer Spirit doesn't believe that it will look good since the leaded-glass FRAME is larger than the window's GLASS area. The frames will be overlapped. Now that the window is trimmed in, we can see that the gross measurements of the trim area (4 inch trim molding) is 65 1/4 inches. The gross framed footprint of the leaded glass is 64 inches (and it's 32 inches wide, btw).

I think it will look fine, and am happy that it won't add color to the space. Only thing is the pattern is bold, but I think the room will handle it. But I'm not sure.

Opinions? TIA !!

Shower is adjacent to the tub.....

Here is the window (if it's not sold by now):

Blueprint snapshot if you wanna take a peek there...

Comments (11)