SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbieinmiami

At a crossroads....

DebbieInMiami
16 years ago

This is a tough market and I've been on the market since May with 2 agents. Agent #1 was a bit old school and rather than bore with details - we parted ways about mid-way through contract. I have about 1 more month with current agent and even though we lowered price and they seem to be doing more marketing, and willing to do more Open Houses (which is the only way people are looking at this point)there has been less activity. There are service issues that are also driving me nuts but I think it's simply due to the fact that they are a small team with A LOT of listings and I am just one small listing in the giant crowd of many.

We were getting ready to lower the price again (a significant drop) and they were supposed to take the listing down so when we put new pictures up and new price, it would freshen the listing. I do not think it was ever taken down and we've been in discussion about this for well over 2 weeks now.

Long story short, no sense in staying with the agent if they have no time for me and don't do what they say they are going to do right? I am trying to be nice and have given him the option of backing out now vs at the end of the contract (which is through the holiday and I don't expect much action anyway), I am waiting to hear back from him.

So that brings me to the present. I am considering listing on my own (with an attorney to support me), but I don't want to cheap out and make a mistake either.

I know there has to be a few of you out there that have listed with agents and then listed on your own. If you would share success (or challenges), would you do it again etc., I would greatly appreciate it. THANKS!

Comments (3)