SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigbaby_gw

Standing at the Crossroads--Lifestyle Change

bigbaby
15 years ago

This bout of pneumonia has really been a huge wake-up call for me. The doctor said that my lungs are weak and that I will probably have problems with them for the rest of my life. I'm not interested in laying around and being a victim, though. I am only 52 years old! I'm so tired of sitting on the sidelines and watching everyone else be active (even before recent pneumonia.) I've been thinking every day about what I can do for my health.

I know the best things I can do are meditate, yoga, exercise and losing weight. (I'm about 70 lbs overweight.) I feel that I really have to commit to these things and be consistant, which is easy while I'm at home, but everytime I factor work into the equasion all my plans turn to mush. Work seems to take priority over everything.

So how do you incorprate all these things into your life?

All at once or slowly, one at a time? I am so good at making these decisions and then running out of steam. The exercise is the hardest because they tell me to take it easy. About the time I get really going with something I get sick and have to start all over again.

I'm kind of laying it all out there with you guys and it's a little scary sharing such personal thoughts with you. At the same time I understand that group opinions and advice are the best kind, so I'm jumping in with both feet.

Dear Kt'ers, I am so glad I am getting to know you now that I've been sick and had the time lately. I ask you, how did you make big lifestyle changes? What has worked for you? Do you think there is any hope for me? (lol)

Signed,

Sick and Tired Sue!

Comments (24)