SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mchaney1

Can't stand changing my mind daily, please help w/ upstairs plan!

mchaney1
14 years ago

Marthaelena has drawn me a much better plan of our upstairs layout (thanks again!) and I have gone back and forth between the plans daily and now I need your help to make a final decision. I just can't stand making any more plan decisions. We should be applying for the permit to begin breaking ground in a few weeks and I just need to finalize things!

I like the first plan because it has a long bathroom and I thought I could put a door separating the sinks from the toilet/bath for my boys. But that plan limits closet space in the kids room and takes away one linen closet. I also don't know if boys would really care about that separation (we are not having any more kids).

Then I like plan 2 because of the walk in closets for the kids and the additional linen closet. It also give the boys bigger rooms. 11x17 vs. 11x15 in the rear and 13x13 vs 11x16 in the front. This plan also does not give me the separation in the bathroom and makes my laundry room smaller.

Please tell me what to do. I just need to decide and move on.

On the plan the front room next to the stairs is a laundry room and there will be windows on 2 adjacent walls the front bedroom and a 2 windows on the back in the rear bedroom.

Plan 1 is below

Plan 2 is below

The original upstairs plan is below:

Thanks again for everyone's help. We are almost there :-)

Comments (5)