SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchennovice44

Oops: missed mistake during install: should I pursue it?

kitchennovice44
13 years ago

Hi all: just had cabs installed this week: tested every door, drawer, hardware piece; checked that doors lined up, hinges good...signed off and sent installers on their merry way and paid balance to cab company. Now 3 days later, wouldn't you know it...I missed an obvious mistake - still kicking myself over missing this and need your opinions.

See pic below. The sides of cabs that face my range hood are not finished like the other ends visible to the eye. The KD (hired by cabinet company I went through,) did all in-home measure and ordering...do I have any recourse to get this fixed, given that I've already signed off on installation?

I can't believe I overlooked this...although I will say in person our light maple cabs are nowhere near as glaring a difference color-wise...the flash on these photos really overemphasizes it more than in real life. (Even DH didn't notice the error till I pointed it out!) But still...dumb mistake on my part. Think we're just exhausted and haven't had time this week to look over every detail as carefully. Been dealing with counter/lighting issues and just fried!

I emailed cab rep the pics and pointed out the mistake - but if they refuse to fix it after the fact, how much should I fight it? Or just consider it my own fault and live with it?

Opinions please: any way to stain them to match, without ripping out?

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)