SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

Good Morning

Good Morning, everyone. It looks like it is going to be a nice hot day. It is already 70 out here. Yesterday, most of the day I got to spend with baby Alyssa while her Mother did work around the house. I love spending time with her. We ordered the pasta bake from Pizza Hut and we had a ten dollar credit, because recently they messed up the toppings on our pizza. We arrived to pick up the pasta and they did not have it in their system. We had to wait for them to bake it, but they did not charge us for the pasta bake and they gave us three cold drinks to go with it. We still have the ten dollar credit for another time. Today Amber, Alyssa and I are going to do our weekly grocery shopping. I plan on looking for some smoked pork chops. Does anyone else ever fix them? I have not had them in a long time. They served them at the Father Son Supper recently and I heard they were really good and tender. They had grilled them. Oh, got my first ripe tomato this week off my tomato plant. Hope the sun is shining where you are.

Sue

Comments (11)

• jannie
    12 years ago

It's cloudy here on Long Island, but 73 degrees so it's pleasant out. Have to take DH to a doctor appointment at eleven thirty, plus he has physical therapist coming to the house at 3. Last night we went out to a Multiple Sclerosis Meeting, included free dinner at the Marriot Hotel. Enjoyed that-free chicken and mashed potato dinner and no dishes to wash! I've been fixing those pesky little things around the house, yesterday I glued two kitchen chairs back together. Picked up six Dunkin Donuts for a morning treat, other than that my day is free. My six tomato plants are looking bushy, blossoms but no tomatoes yet. Wait a month or so! By the way, I love this time of year. Sun is up(even if it's cloudy) at six, sundown about eight thirty. Have a great day,Sue and everyone!

• socks
    12 years ago

Hi Marilyn Sue...I was wondering why you weren't posting much so it's good to hear from you.

We'll have the mid 80's today, not too hot as the house and attic haven't warmed up much yet. I got one tomato, too--a cherry, and it was gone in one bite!

DH and I are going out to dinner and a live show tonight.

• phyllis__mn
    12 years ago

Good morning....cloudy and 60� here this morning. Yesterday felt so cool that I turned the heat up a notch, and put on a warm top. It is raining a bit, so hope it lets up....too chilly to do anything outside, so will piddle around the house, like clean the litter boxes, etc.!!

• User
    12 years ago

Hi Marilyn, glad to see you posting again.
    It's already getting hot here at 9:30 am its 79� They are predicting 100� today. No plans as usual, I'll just sit here at the pc or maybe go for a swim sometime today.

• Georgysmom
    12 years ago

You've got a good deal going there Sue. Now if they just continue to be incompetent, you could eat forever. LOL It's warm and humid here. Took Georgy for a five mile walk. I now bring a bottle of water and a plastic dish with me so she gets a couple of water breaks along the way. DH and I are going to the movies this afternoon and then will grab some dinner out.

• Kathsgrdn
    12 years ago

Glad to see you posting again! It's been raining here the past couple of days and looks like rain again today. I need to go pull weeds out back but I'm afraid by the time I come back from grocery shopping it will be raining.

Never made smoked pork chops before, can you post a recipe? Last night I made breaded pork chops to go with mine and Lauren's leftovers from a Mediterranean restaurant yesterday for last night's dinner. I had lentil soup that Lauren tasted and liked so we got some to take home with us. We originally planned to eat sandwiches at a little French bakery and saw the Mediterranean place and decided to eat there and go to the bakery for dessert. Ended up buying some bread and a whole cake that we also had for dinner last night.

I've decided to fix up the backyard so we can hang out there this summer. So, after we ate lunch yesterday Lauren and I went to Garden Ridge and got a bright lime green umbrella for outdoors, green tiki-type lights and then looked around for a little table and chairs to go out there. I wanted red or dark green but Lauren and her friends would probably be out there the most so I gave in to the lime green. ( : After going to Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Lowes we finally found a table we both liked and a fire pit. Will have to go back for the chairs another time. I love my new car, the box for the table fit perfectly into the trunk and the firepit fit right into the back seat. Neither would have fit into my old car. We also got a little cheapy blow up pool for the kids to cool off in.

My garden is really growing with all the rain we've been getting. Too bad the weeds are doing the same. No tomatoes yet. I love home grown tomatoes. I wanted to grow some sweet potatoes this year but never did order any.

• lazypup
    12 years ago

Here in central Massachusetts it is raining lightly between bouts of thunderstorms..but I am not complaining because the weather was absolutely perfect for the last three days.

Jan and I took advantage of the good weather and went out on our photo walkabouts, one day to the botanical gardens, one day at the Merry-Go-Museum and on to a local lake then yesterday we spent the entire day sitting on the bank of a small pond in a marsh shooting scenics and pics of wild birds, turtles, frogs and such.

Jan is now contentedly sitting in the living room watching the Red Sox while I sit here and do the post processing on the 1600+ photos that we shot in the last three days.

After the ballgame is over its off to Jo-Ann fabrics where I want to buy a couple yards of rip-stop nylon to make a waterproof cover to fit over my Radio-Flyer wagon. Some people laugh at me for dragging that little red wagon around, but I have COPD and have to carry an 8lb oxygen tank to be used when I get short of breath, plus my photo backpack weighs 35lbs and another 6lbs for the tripod. That was all beginning to be a bit much for me to carry, so I got the wagon and now I can take all of that plus two nylon folding chairs, a gallon cooler of ice water, two thermoses of coffee, rain ponchos and a bag with trail snacks or a sack lunch. I can put all that mess in the wagon and it still rolls easy so let them laugh.

I love smoked pork chops, but then since I built my electric smoker last year, I do perhaps half of our summer cooking in the smoker. There is nothing in the world like a 12 or 14lb turkey that has slow smoked for 8hrs.

Well, I better get out of here and get back to my photos because Jan & I are off to a four day food fest with an antique car show one day, contemporar car show the next, half a dozen bands and a huge flea market and craft show starting tomarrow and who knows how many hundreds of photos we will shoot there.

• liz
    12 years ago

Good Afternoon Sue!! I would KILL for 70 degrees...it's not even getting down to that at night here...we're getting a much needed rain right now...i'm tempted to go out and dance in it...the temp is down to 87...hopefully a little more rain will drop it considerably!

this is my Sunday...of to work tomorrow and Friday...must head to the ironing board and iron about 15 cotton work shirts...

you have a great day with that darlin grandbaby!!

• donna37
    12 years ago

Lazypup, that wagon is a great idea and people are probably envious of you being able to take all your stuff in a handy, dandy wagon. The cover sounds like a super idea also.

Several years ago I went to a large flea market and there was this cute red wagon and reasonably priced and I bought it so I could carry all my stuff in that day and used it several times after that. Very handy.

• susie53_gw
    12 years ago

Sue, I just wrote you before I checked out the KT. My internet has been down all day..

The Harvest markets have the best smoked pork chops. We love them. Great on the grill. A little pricey though..

• lazypup
    12 years ago

Donna37... I was just editing through Jan's photos and she got a shot of our Walkabout Wagon. I think I need to get the camo colored nylon to make a cover for out nature walks.