SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jan_in_wisconsin

Kids' Artwork - Painted Canvas

jan_in_wisconsin
15 years ago

Hi all.

My youngest boy (age 7) loves to draw, color, and paint. I would love to let him paint on stretched canvas and then frame it for use in decorating his room. If it works well, maybe we could do a grouping of four small canvases or something. I know a lady who does framing.

Anyway, what's the best way to go about this? He likes fish, and his bedding has fish on it. I'm including a link below to what his sheet set looks like. I thought maybe I could somehow transfer an outline of a fish onto the canvas (after it is painted with a background color). This might be easier for him than painting freehand. We could do one canvas as a fish, another as a crab, maybe an octopus, and a whale or something.

Does anyone have ideas as to how to accomplish the transfer of a picture to the canvas after it has been painted with a background color? Or am I going about this all wrong? I'd love your input.

Here is a picture of his bedroom right after we moved in (and before we added his window treatments and dresser, etc.):

Also, I'm including a link to e-bay where there is the same sheet set pictured with the fish.

Any other ideas for accessorizing are welcome.

Jan

Here is a link that might be useful: Bermuda Fish Sheet Set

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!