SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cintijen

Opinion of estimate for exerior painting (long)

18 years ago

DH and I are planning to paint the exterior of our house which we moved into last summer. We've never had a house painted before so I really don't know what is a reasonable price to pay.

Our house is about 4500 sq. ft., stucco, and in Cincinnati, OH. Here is the most appealing estimate we've received so far:

We hereby propose to furnish the materials and perform the labor necessary for the completion of Exterior Painting.

1. Power wash to remove dirt, dust, etc.

2. Hand scrape all areas peeling and primer raw surfaces with Porter's oil base primer.

3. Caulk all cracks, breaks, etc. with 45 year latex caulking.

4. Paint color of choice with Porter's 25 year Acrishield paints on all stucco, trim, window frames and doors.

5. Estimate about 10 days labor with 4 men.

6. All labor and materials guaranteed not to peel, crack or blister for a period of 3 years.

$8,300.00

I should also add that this company comes highly recommended by a colleague who has an old Victorian with 6 or 7 different colors on the exterior and she was very satisfied with this company. We would use 4 colors--the body color (not changing drastically), window trim, window sashes (including storms), and an accent color. As you can see from this picture of our house, there isn't a lot of detail at all in the trim work. What I'm worried about are the 45+ windows which all need to be scraped/stripped and reglazed. We obviously don't want to spend more than is necessary, but we want the work done right, and this estimate is actually a couple thousand lower than any other we've received. If it weren't for the rec from my co-worker, I might eliminate the estimate as the low one of the bunch. BUT, if we can get the house done for this amount we'd be thrilled. Here's a pic (I'll link, too, in case it doesn't work). Any opinions? Thanks!

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (7)