SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neesie_gw

Fed up with sink decision

neesie
16 years ago

I've got to admire all the TKO's out there who are either building from scratch or remodeling their whole kitchens. I was ONLY looking to upgrade to granite countertops, and of course, get a new sink, faucet and cabinet hardware. Small job, right?

Well I picked out the granite and declined the offer of a free stainless steel sink. Why? Because I have a SS in my current home which I bought from the previous owner 15 years ago. It is ugly and dull and never shined. We are in a rural area with hard well water and we noticed that she left the water softner completely empty (for how long who knows?) I used soft scrub on it but never paid attention to the Bon Ami or Barkeepers Friend which I have noticed in posts now that I am becoming TKO. All these years I have used soft scrub, half-heartedly, and continued to hate this sink.

Fast forward: I became enamored with a low divide, white colored granite composite sink that let the two bowls perform as one large bowl. I thought I found it! No more ugly stainless steel! No more scratchy white or iron rusted sink from years past! This would be much more modern and clean to go with my light colored granite. Then I was notified that this sink was back-ordered til the middle of May. And I'm getting itchy! I can't wait that long. So I shopped the big box store last night and only saw a handful of undermounts. I don't want the small double bowls, heck I can get that for free. I am a one-sink kitchen so my sink has to do it all. Preferably I'll get one large, one small bowl. Since I have no black in my kitchen I wont be doing the blanco silgranite which I admire but looking for a white option. I'd prefer shiny but don't think that exists unless you get porcelin over cast iron which I hate. Am I crazy? Should I just throw in the towel and give up and point at one of the four sinks my fabricator is offering? Could I learn to love stainless now that we maintain our water softener? I can't move on to the faucet decision until I jump this hurdle!

Comments (11)